Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sausage and Pepper Grinders, Smells like a Fair in Here

So I work at home yet I hardly ever use my crock pot, I like to use my hands more when I am in the kitchen, but this recipe is so good. I have used jarred sauce here, but I have also done this when I have leftover home made sauce. This recipe is also easy to adjust the amounts of, just be sure that your crock pot is big enough. This recipe will make about 4 good size grinders with a good snack leftover for the next day.
Ingredient List
6 Sweet Italian Sausages, you can use spicy
drizzle of olive oil for pan
1 Jar Spaghetti sauce
1 medium onion
2 red bell peppers
1 package rolls, at my grocery store bakery they are called steak rolls
yellow mustard or whatever condiments you want

So last night I thinly sliced the peppers and onion, I put them into the ceramic part of the crock pot and I put them into the fridge, then this morning, I browned the sausages in a little bit of olive oil, I then sliced them lengthwise and put them into the crock pot with the veggies, I had some of a 10 serving size jar of jarred sauce in the fridge so I poured that in then I added a little bit of water to the jar and shook it up to make sure I got everything, once everything is the crock pot make sure that there is a little bit of sauce on everything, I set my crock pot to high because I am home all day and thought maybe I would get an early snack, but you can set it too low, this is pretty simple you'll know it is done when the veggies are very tender. I like to put a couple of sausage slices on a bun with some of the veggies and a little yellow mustard, it is pure heaven. Who can resist a meal that makes your house smell like the fair. As far as sides go french fries or onion rings would be great.

No comments: